Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Snow At Our Place in the Mountains


Thank you Connie, for giving me the idea for today's blog!


My husband loves snow and it is his job to know snow. Until I met him I hated winter and I hated the snow. I spent my time avoiding the outdoors. And then Ray came along and taught me how to play in the snow.


He introduced me to snowmobiling and I've been riding now for over 20 years and a few years ago we bought some snowshoes.


I wouldn't say I love snow they way my husband does, but I do enjoy riding on a nice sunny day or going snowshoeing and stopping for a picnic lunch along the way.


One of my favorite things now is to wake up to a beautiful snowstorm in the mountains knowing I don't have to venture out if I don't feel like it.


Winter at our place begins in late October or early November and lasts until well in to April and May. There are some drawbacks. For example, we would be hard pressed to grow a garden!


Thanks again Connie and tell your husband the snow is somehow different in the mountains.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary
    I lived in Wyoming, so I know all about the snow. Rich asked me to ask you if you had a spare loft in the barn for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you live in Wyoming? Wyoming is beautiful. Tell Rich to drop by and he can help us split wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in Cheyenne for 4 years. Then went back to Oklahoma for college.
    I'll tell Rich you need help:)

    ReplyDelete