Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome To The Mountains




This is the first blog of what I hope will be many from the beautiful Uinta Mountains, Utah.

I intend to share information about the weather, furry visitors to our yard and what friends and family are up to.

I'll ask some of our guests to share their experiences and hopefully they'll allow me to post some photos of their visits to our mountain home.

My first photo to this blog is one of many Moose visitors we've had at our place. What you are seeing here is our moose friend standing in the middle of our man made pond. Ray, Wil and I made a stream that runs down the hill near the side of our house into this small pond. We did this because we love the sound of the running water and we don't have a natural stream on our property. We didn't realize at the time how much the deer and moose would enjoy it. I love it that they feel safe and welcome in our yard.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Mary.
    Beautiful country. I look forward to following your site (just happened by).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much. Keep in touch and let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete